News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.77

Started by vito, Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:22

J D ADAM

Hi Vito
         Wednesday golf day so did not have time to test and reply

I cannot feel more dreadful about the problems I have (and it seems others do not :|

059-A.jar is slow to load and can be slow to connect. Then all hell breaks loose with PSX.

The best jar file you sent was Test C . Immediate connection and ajthough devoid of sound did start to work at engine start.

(I thought I would check out the last sentence before posting and have found that test c would not connect after trying all others so I rebooted the computer W7 and it connected immediately!!!!!!)

May I respectively suggest you give me an idea of what you expect of each new jar file so that I will know what will happen.

Thank you for your patience.

Very kindest regards

Derek

vito

Quote from: Derek Adam059-A.jar is slow to load and can be slow to connect. Then all hell breaks loose with PSX.

The best jar file you sent was Test C . Immediate connection and ajthough devoid of sound did start to work at engine start.

Hi Derek, the problem is in thread which simulates First officers before start actions. Somehow it corrupts entire environment in which is run. It is my fault but I need time to get it right :-). Here is version of FiFLi without this thread active, please try it and report back, this should run ok:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/germcfdovxi2inm/FiFLi-059-B.jar?dl=0

All actions should run normal except you won't get help from your FO with before start actions :-) I f it connects ok then it probably works ok. I will then send you situ file with instructions how to test further ...

best regards
vito

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Vito,

do you have reasonable Thread.sleep() delays in your looped threads? As you certainly know, for such tasks a loop need not run faster than 1 Hz, or even much slower. If a loop has no delay it may run at over 100 Hz and draw CPU performance from all  running programs.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

vito

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinHi Vito,

do you have reasonable Thread.sleep() delays in your looped threads?

Hi Hardy!

No, I dont, this idea never crossed my mind, but I heard of it :-) thanks for the tip, I will try it asap :-)

Best regards
Vito

J D ADAM

Good Morning,Afternoon or Evening Vito,

Your latest installed and connected immediately. On one occasion I saw a message like "passengers boarding in 35 minutes" This did not change and I had no sounds at all from the cabin. Yes the PA was turned on!.  2 hours into a 2 1/2 flight all hell broke loose again in PSX. On one occasion the whole screen faded to white. Closing FiFli  returned everything to normal.  I run PSX on a SSD drive and although I feel this has nothing to do with what would seem is a personal problem, I throw it into the mix for consideration.

Best regards,
Derek

vito

Quote from: Derek AdamGood Morning,Afternoon or Evening Vito,

Your latest installed and connected immediately. On one occasion I saw a message like "passengers boarding in 35 minutes" This did not change and I had no sounds at all from the cabin. Yes the PA was turned on!.  2 hours into a 2 1/2 flight all hell broke loose again in PSX. On one occasion the whole screen faded to white. Closing FiFli  returned everything to normal.  I run PSX on a SSD drive and although I feel this has nothing to do with what would seem is a personal problem, I throw it into the mix for consideration.

Best regards,
Derek

Hi Derek!
I am currently working on more simplified version of FiFLi with more optimized thread utilization (which is most probably creating your problems). Thank you for testing so far. If you wish you can send me private email so I can send you new versions directly :-)

Best regards

Vito

cavaricooper

Vito-

If you are able, I would appreciate some assistance as well.  I have constantly updated, and I do have the latest 059-B file, and still rotating the knob to UNLOCKED and back does not start the simulation.  I have overwritten files, getting FULL updates.  I renamed the 059-B .jar to FiFli.jar and ran that.  I get a good connection to PSX- but no audio at all.

Thoughts would be appreciated.  I am reachable at cavaricooper (at) gmail dot com should you have time to troubleshoot.  Thanks for all your hard work!

Best- Carl
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

vito

Quote from: cavaricooperVito-

If you are able, I would appreciate some assistance as well.  I have constantly updated, and I do have the latest 059-B file, and still rotating the knob to UNLOCKED and back does not start the simulation.  I have overwritten files, getting FULL updates.  I renamed the 059-B .jar to FiFli.jar and ran that.  I get a good connection to PSX- but no audio at all.

Thoughts would be appreciated.  I am reachable at cavaricooper (at) gmail dot com should you have time to troubleshoot.  Thanks for all your hard work!

Best- Carl

Hi Carl,

don't use these beta versions, they have some functions disabled, instead use these:

complete package (recommended because some new sounds added)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

and just "jar" file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

If you still have problems let me know :-)

best regards

vito

cavaricooper

Vito-

Thank-you!  I deleted the current FiFLi folder, and downloaded the one you suggested.  BTW this is on my 2014 rMBP w/ 27" Thunderbolt Display (OS 10.10.3).

Ran PSX, ran FiFLi, showed connected to PSX and still nothing after selecting UNLOCKED.

I have uploaded my SITU and LAYOUT in case there is something obvious I am missing.
https://app.box.com/s/imamlaybp9co78qhq33xb08vxohykqk9

There is also a screen shot showing the "About" info for PSX (Java etc).

I appreciate your assistance very much. Ta!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

vito

Quote from: cavaricooperRan PSX, ran FiFLi, showed connected to PSX and still nothing after selecting UNLOCKED.

I have uploaded my SITU and LAYOUT in case there is something obvious I am missing.
https://app.box.com/s/imamlaybp9co78qhq33xb08vxohykqk9

No, you are not missing anything.
I will try ASAP to find solution, thanks for pointing this out :-) As soon I have something I will publish it.

best regards

vito

J D ADAM

cavaricooper

Vito-

Glad to help... reading through this thread, I am excited to see FiFLi in action.  Take your time, your efforts are appreciated!

Best- C

Quote from: vitoNo, you are not missing anything.
I will try ASAP to find solution, thanks for pointing this out :-) As soon I have something I will publish it.

best regards

vito
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Dennis B

Hey Vito,

I too have problems with FiFli (latest version). The boarding procedure starts (as displayed by a status message "!Boarding! 38 mins!" - but there are no sounds and no actions done by the F/O. Sound is working from PSX, checked my settings twice. Maybe you can have a look into it :)

Cheers
Dennis

vito

Good evening !

Here is FiFLi beta version 0.60 that is quite reworked :-) Few things were changed and maybe we will run into new problems but as I have time to test it, it works ok :-))) So please load it and report what you have found :-)

here is link with complete version:

and here is just "jar" file:

best regards

vito

vito

Good evening !

Here is FiFLi beta version 0.62 :-) I have optimized FiFLi hoping that it will now work more smoothly for those who have problems :-) So please load it and report what you have found :-) New is that First officer will now recognize if you have Aux Pump in system 1 and accordingly he will in his before start procedures move Hyd Aux Pump 1 switch to Aux

here is link with complete version:

and here is just "jar" file:

best regards

vito

400guy

My McAfee anti virus software blocks this site as being an "unacceptable security risk"!

(I can get to it if I use my Ubuntu OS which does not have McAffee installed).

Just thought that I'd let you know.

jj

vito

Quote from: 400guyMy McAfee anti virus software blocks this site as being an "unacceptable security risk"!
jj

Hi JJ !

Sorry to hear that you have problems downloading it. I didn't hear anyone have a problem with "Dropbox" site. Anyone else having a problem ?

best regards!

vito

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Dropbox is uncontrolled. A paranoid piece of software will want to warn you that you are about to run a program off an uncontrolled site that can contain anything. Just use the brain... the program does not have one.

Likewise my stuff at work does not allow me to send .zip or .exe files via e-mail. So I have to constantly rename the files into .xex and .piz and what not. That always works... so far for the security wall.

Hoppie

tango4

Thanks a lot Vito, will try that when I get some free time !

cavaricooper

Vito-

BRAVO!  FiFli works here as well :).  BTW, I habitually run two setups- a rMBP for a "PSX nightcap" before turning in, and a networked PC setup for longer flights.  I was able to run FiFli both on the rMBP (1 machine application) AND on the second (networked application using IP) machine (using just Server, not boost on the sim machine).  Just to be sure, I downloaded the entire package 0.62 after deleting my prior folder.

Thank-you for your efforts, and perseverance- they are greatly appreciated.

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA