News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX - Opencockpits SIOC connector released!

Started by kiek, Wed, 3 Sep 2014 19:02

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 12:47
Thanks Nico...
Great to have the added variables :)

Cheers,
Alex B
Hi Alex,
If you need more variables, just ask, the program is still hot from all the edits ;-)
Nico

asboyd

No worries. My build is moving along as I have access to a 3d printer for a while so all the korries are being done now... I also have made blanks for the knobs and will be casting them in resin with embedded LEDs to allow for backlighting...
Panels will be assembled as I have the bits needed to complete them so all going well at present.... Still need to find an .stl or 3d file for a speed brake handle but could make one from photos I suppose :)
Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

TCASSE

Hi Nico,

I was using one rotary encoder for the RCP.  It was running good but You have changed your code and now you are using two rotary encoders.
Could you modify your sotfware to run the RCP with only one rotary encoder, as it was in the previous version?
(the old version of 5_RCP_L.txt does not run anymore)
Best Regards,
Thierry

kiek

Hello Thierry,

Quote from: TCASSE on Thu,  3 May 2018 17:26
Could you modify your sotfware to run the RCP with only one rotary encoder, as it was in the previous version?
(the old version of 5_RCP_L.txt does not run anymore)
No I'm sorry, I have no simulator hardware anymore. Cannot test scripts. 
Maybe somebody else can step in.

I support the PSXseecon software only.

Kind regards,
Nico

TCASSE

Hi Nico,

I spoke about PSXseecon. the script you wrote worked with a previous version of PSXseecon.

Regards,

Thierry

kiek

Quote from: TCASSE on Fri,  4 May 2018 10:04
I spoke about PSXseecon. the script you wrote worked with a previous version of PSXseecon.
No PSXseecon is the software that connects SIOC with PSX. You are talking about a SIOC script ...
There is nothing that has to be changed in PSXseecon for you, or someone else, to write the right RCP script.

Regards,
Nico

asboyd

Nico is correct Theirry. The script should run exactly as it did previously. Adding extra values into PSXseecon will not change the way the script runs unless the script already has those values within it.
I would use the SIOC monitor and check that your device is sending the correct info to SIOC then analyse the script values to see what is happening.
I have been using PSXseecon for quite a while and all scripts (except those I have modified to suit my own hardware) still work as they did.

Regards,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Sat,  5 May 2018 00:29
I would use the SIOC monitor and check that your device is sending the correct info to SIOC then analyse the script values to see what is happening.
or the Messages Monitoring facilities built in PSXseecon, see Manual section 2.2.9

Nico