News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX - Opencockpits SIOC connector released!

Started by kiek, Wed, 3 Sep 2014 19:02

kiek

Hi,

Version 3.3 is available for download at my site. Here are the Release Notes.

Nico

asboyd

Thx Nico,
Will give it a try.

Cheers,
Alex
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

Hi,

In the latest version 3.5 (Sept 12, 2016) of the PSXseecon package you will now also find a 64 bit version of PSXseecon. Recommended if you have a 64 bit Operating System (which most of us have these days).

Regards,
Nico

asboyd

Great news Nico,
Will give it a try ASAP... :)

asboyd

Hi Nico,
Just added some feedback on the ATC module in mycockpits forum.
Have an issue with the "d" digit not turning off.

Cheers,
Alex B

kiek

Hi Alex,

I've read your report at MyCockpit but when I wanted to reply the server was busy, so here a question for clarification:
Do you have the same problems with the 32 bit version? That would be interesting to know.

Cheers,
Nico
Oh and server is up again, I see...

asboyd

Will reply here and then on both when I have tested...
Will probably be able to let you know later today...
It is the first time I have had the ATC unit do anything, as I am just to lazy to plug all my units in at once:)

Cheers,

AlexB

asboyd

Hi Nico,
Can confirm 32 bit also the same.
Will try an earlier version as this is the first time with the OC ATC module. I will build my own based on the one in PSX so it all matches up. :)

Cheers,
Alex B

asboyd

Hi Nico,
I have tried with 3.2, 2.0.8 and 2.0.4, 3.2 gives the same as 3.5, but 2.0.8 and 2.0.4 show -993 on screen and d comes on when either knob is rotated but the code does not change. When I switch xpndr toggle the display on PSX blanks then goes back to original code (when aircraft powered up.).

I have attached my modified xpdr.txt file in the post at Mycockpits forum as I do not know how to attach it here.

Cheers,
Alex B

kiek

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 01:31
Hi Nico,
Can confirm 32 bit also the same.
Oh good, that's reassuring!, so the compiler has not made a mistake while compiling my sources for 64 bit. ;-)

I'll comment on your SIOC source in my  mycockpit.org thread.

Note it's no good to use older versions of PSXseecon, please use the latest one. I have improved the variables for the XPDR a few months ago (May 24, 2016), see the Release Notes.

Nico

Sylle

Hi Nico,

I hadn't updated PSXseecon in a long time and took the jump last night to v3.7.

I'm thrilled about the acceleration function you now provide when turning the HDG and ALT knobs on the MCP for example.
I used to think the opencockpits hardware was at fault and was getting annoyed to turn these knobs forever...

So much more like real life now!  :D

Thanks!! I owe you a beer (or several) if we ever meet!

Sylvain

kiek

Hello Sylvain,
Quote from: Sylle on Thu, 27 Oct 2016 18:14
Thanks!! I owe you a beer (or several) if we ever meet!
That's noted  :).
I'm sorry to hear that now, I was in Brussels Oct 2nd and October 4th ...

Cheers,
Nico

Sylle

Give me a shout a few days ahead next time you'll be driving south... we'll arrange something!  ;)

kiek

Hi guys,

I've just released the (final) PSXseecon version 3.15.
I've added 10 new Qi variables too (Qi248 .. Qi 257).

Do note it is a 64 bits version (I no longer support 32 bits).

You can find the links to the software and documentation in a pdf named "Introduction to PSXseecon" at the main page of my site, under PSXseecon.

Cheers,
Nico

asboyd

Nico,
Thank you for your time and effort. I still think it is a shame that further dev will not happen although I can understand the amount of time that went into this amazing piece of software, especially if you are no longer personally using it.
Best wishes as always,
Alex B

kryten

Hi,
Just a minor question about the OC COMM module. When I turn the inner knob clockwise the figures go down. Is this normal? Turning the outer knob clockwise the figures go up. I'm using the latest version of PSXSeecon 3.15 but the latest SIOC version on the OC website seems to be 50B5. Is this higher than 5.1? It's not a big problem. I'm just curious.

Phil

kiek

Quote from: kryten on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 17:05
When I turn the inner knob clockwise the figures go down.
Turning the outer knob clockwise the figures go up.
Hi Phil,
You can change that by defining a parameter in the PSXseecon.cfg file. See the Manual section 3.3

Nico

asboyd

51B2 is later than 50B5. I have both and there are a few fixes in 51B2..
Cheers,
Alex B

kiek

Hi guys,

Blake asked me kindly to add some variables to PSXseecon, so here it is, version 3.16 of PSXseecon (64 bit only).
Download it from my re-installed web page about PSXseecon.

Here a link to the Release Notes

Regards,

Nico

asboyd

Thanks Nico...
Great to have the added variables :)

Cheers,
Alex B