News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX - Opencockpits SIOC connector released!

Started by kiek, Wed, 3 Sep 2014 19:02

kiek

I'm happy to announce the release of yet another add-on for PSX: psxseecon.

psxseecon connects PSX with the SIOC software of Opencockpits. It acts as a bridge between these two worlds.

1767 SIOC Variables, representing approximately 90% of the functionality of the PSX interface, are already available (more to come). These variables give access to states and controls of PSX.

psxseecon detects the PSX SIOC variables in your scripts automatically.

The version released (1.0.1) is an open beta. Please post your comments, questions and feedback in my psxseecon forum at MyCockpit.org

More information about psxseecon, and information about where to download,  can be found at my web site

EDIT March 27, 2018, we are at version 3.16 with 2220 variables.

regards,
Nico Kaan

Hessel Oosten

Hi Nico,

[size=8]ONE day earlier than announced on your website..... !   ;).[/size]
Many, many, many THANKS.

This will great opportunities as this interface to OpenCockpit Cards
(I know it from the Level-d LEKSEECON)

[size=14]is nearly plug-and-play ![/size]

Hessel

John Golin

John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Nico,
Thank you very much for this important piece of software, without it is not possible for me to interface PSX to my ( future) hardware cockpit .
Great job,
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Blake H

Hi Nico,

Well done

I guess you will build a 747 now?  ;)

Inspirational work. If you ever travel to Australia.
My sim door is open for yourself.

Blake  8)

Sylle

Great work Nico!
This will bring my OC MCP back to life...
Having been using your great software with the Level-D 767 & the iFly 737 :)

Thanks a lot!!
sylvain

rockejun

Hi,
could this also mean that my Precision Flight Controls console Cirrus II with serial interface can be connected with PSX via FSX/FSUIPC/SIOC? Works fine in FSX with all controls available via FSUIPC.
Carsten

kiek

Quote from: rockejunHi,
could this also mean that my Precision Flight Controls console Cirrus II with serial interface can be connected with PSX via FSX/FSUIPC/SIOC? Works fine in FSX with all controls available via FSUIPC.
Carsten
If you write a SIOC script that read/writes these FSUIPC offsets and transforms these to/from psxseecon SIOC variables, I'd think so, yes.

You do not need any Opencockpits hardware, SIOC will also run without.

kiek

Today I released PSXseecon version 1.1.0 with 1990 variables. This is the first official release; it's no longer a beta (thanks go to Jean-Philippe and Blake for testing).

Do note that the installation procedure has changed. It is now more like Aerowinx PSX, VisualPSX and TrafficPSX. No installer, no registry entries, just 6 files. Here are the Release Notes.

Cheers,
Nico
N.B. and I changed the name from psxseecon to PSXseecon (being member of the family  ;) )

Georender

I love the simplicity with which PSXseekon work, but am having difficulty with the 7-seg displays.  My homebuilt MCP works 100% with respect to rotaries, pushbuttons, switches and LEDs.  However, I cannot get any correct value from the digit variables.  For example, the heading variable (2033) only ever transmits the number 2730 decimal according to the SIOC IOCP Console.

Any tips as to what I have missed?  All the digits check out perfectly when tested with the Controlador.exe

I've tried Nick's forum on MyCockpit, but my posts are not displaying.

Cheers,
Richard

Code below. The segment below is compiled along with 1_digit.txt

Var 2033 Static name McpWdoHdg      
{
  CALL &DecBCD3 &McpWdoHdg
  &D_Hdg0 = &Digit0
  &D_Hdg1 = &Digit1
  &D_Hdg2 = &Digit2
}

Var 9300 name D_Hdg0   Link IOCARD_DISPLAY Device 0 Digit 0 Numbers 1
 Var 9301 name D_Hdg1   Link IOCARD_DISPLAY Device 0 Digit 1 Numbers 1
 Var 9302 name D_Hdg2   Link IOCARD_DISPLAY Device 0 Digit 2 Numbers 1

kiek

Hello Richard,
Quote from: GeorenderHowever, I cannot get any correct value from the digit variables.  For example, the heading variable (2033) only ever transmits the number 2730 decimal according to the SIOC IOCP Console.  
2730 decimal is AAA hexadecimal, or three blanks in PSXseecon.

Could it be that you have not checked Situation->Equipment>MCP and displays LCD version?

Cheers,
Nico
P.S. I can see your post in my forum, so please continue over there, thx.

Georender

Thanks Nico.

You are, of course, correct.  Thanks for this great piece of software.    Everything works perfectly now.

Regards,
Richard Goldstein

kiek

Hi guys,

PSXseecon version 1.4.0 released, with CDU screen support:

You now no longer need a PSX instance for it.
Read more about it in the Manual, section 3.19.

Cheers,
Nico

kiek

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that version 3.0 is available for download at my site.
Please study the Release Notes carefully, because the deployment policy has changed.

Regards,
Nico

pcpilot

Does anyone know if it is possible to assign a physical key to change the CDU from L/C/R in live use rather than manually change CDU_L/CDU_C/CDU_R in PSXseecon.cfg.

I was hoping to emulate what I already have in software with PSX Remote on the Ipad, in that I can change the CDU live and without delay.

Thanks in advance.

Graham.

kiek

Hi Graham,
Yes that is possible with PSXseecon. I have a rotary switch
implemented for that. See the SIOC script in PSXcockpit.zip and or the PSXseecon Manual.
Nico

kiek

Hi,

Version 3.2 is available for download at my site. Here are the Release Notes.

Nico

asboyd

Hi Nico,
Just installed 3.2 clean and when I ran it it did not create PSXseecon.cfg even though I was also running SIOC 5.1 and PSX on the same machine. Is this now normal? The manual still states it will create the file on the first start up.

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

kiek

Hi Alex,

No that's a bug. I will fix it in the next version.
Thank you for reporting.

Regards,
Nico

asboyd

Thanks Nico,
You are making my cockpit build so much easier than I thought it would be.

Keep up the great work.
;)
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia