News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

X-Plane - XView Ground Speed

Started by mikeindevon, Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:55

mikeindevon

On another topic there has been some discussion of the requirement to have the groundspeed in X-Plane updated by XView so that XSquawkbox can pass it onto VATSIM.

There is good news and bad news:

- The bad news is that according to the SDK documentation the X-Plane dataref for groundspeed is read only.  Therefore XView cannot update it.

- The good news is that I have been asked to do some coding to update XSquawkbox.  I have been waiting several months for a draft NDA from VATSIM, but as yet it is not finalised. When I get to see the code, I will try to implement a route for XView to talk directly to XSquawkbox and update the groundspeed.

In the meantime I will add it to a wish list of features for Ben at LR.

Mike

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: mikeindevonI have been waiting several months for a draft NDA from VATSIM, but as yet it is not finalised.

:roll:

Stephane LI

There is the same Groundspeed zero problem with X-Ivap and Xview on IVAO.
It is not limited to xsb and Vatsim.

Stephane

mikeindevon

Hi Stephanie,

I would expect this as it is impossible for me to update X-Plane's internal value for groundspeed.  I have written to Laminar Research asking if they can relax the read-only rule in a future release.

Mike

mikeindevon

Ben Supnik at Laminar Research has agreed to put the zero ground speed on his list for future mods.

Mike

Berndo

Quote from: mikeindevonBen Supnik at Laminar Research has agreed to put the zero ground speed on his list for future mods.

Mike

Thank you Mike for getting this on Ben's list!

Bernd