News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Operations Manual - Preview

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Sat, 21 Jun 2014 16:43

evaamo

Outstanding piece of work, Hardy! Great job...can't wait for release date!

-Enrique
Enrique Vaamonde

Peter Lang

Hi Hardy,

I think it was quiet a pretty good idea to release the preview to get a little bit familiar with the possibilities of PSX before this masterpiece will be released. Just reading gives a feeling what kind of outstanding software PSX will be. WOW!

Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Hi gentlemen,

I thank you all!

Especially for your patience through all the years! :-)

Thank you!

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Mariano

Had a great laugh today as I started to read the PSX Operations Manual (by the way Hardy, THANK YOU for that!)

Page 10, section "Uninstalling the Simulator."

Good one Hardy, good one! You cracked me up.

Regards,

Mariano

jtsjc1

Hardy thank you!  You're the man!  Amazing work can't wait for PSX!
Joe

Phil Bunch

I was nothing short of astonished to read about all the features and the depth and breadth they have!

Really great surprises are always welcome, but they are especially meaningful and emotionally charged when it comes to something one already values greatly.   Learning more about what PSX provides gives new meaning to the phrase "exceeds expectations".   I'll never be able to quietly listen to that overused phrase again!
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

DougSnow

Holy crap!

The ONLY critique, on page 138, the PNF is no longer called the PNF (at least at a 121 carrier).  We have the PF - pilot flying, and the PM - pilot monitoring. :)

Hardy, beautiful manual. If only our FAA Ops Manuals at my airline were as well written, and as artistic.

So cant wait to get a copy...and study the hell out of it before this year's Wordflight!

stekeller

Can't wait. PSX looks even more amazing than I expected!

martin

Quote from: DougSnowWe have the PF - pilot flying, and the PM - pilot monitoring. :)
For the time being...  8)

Martin

Jeroen D

ah yes, BA SOP yet again. I never understood all those hand offs. I need to dig up some of my old manuals but I seem to recall that BA had a SOP that allowed/dictated that during finals the control of the plane was handed over.

Seems I'm not the only one that was confused and things don't appear to have improved since.

Jeroen

400guy

Years ago at my old airline (United) we sometimes used a procedure where the F/O would fly the approach down to minimums or where the runway was in view.  If it did not come into view by "minimums" he would execute the missed approach.

If it DID become visible the Capt (who had been looking outside) would physically push the F/Os hand off the throttle, announce that he was "LANDING" and land the airplane.

This actually worked very well, as the Capt had early clues as to the lineup of the runway, X-wind drift etc.  

All this said this was in the 737 and before cat LL approaches.

IefCooreman

That technique still exists although it comes from initial CATII procedures followed by manual landing (ie on a BAe 146). Today it's almost all automatic in all situations

Nowadays on almost all big jets CATII and lower is followed by autoland (even mandatory in my company). Captain is PF, handles the autopilot to CATI minima, then focuses outside to monitor the autoland on the outside, copilot monitors instruments and AFDS changes all the way down untill standstill. Below alert height (which is around CATI minima), problems shouldn't affect the autoland, above, it's a go-around but the captain is still looking inside,and it's still all automatic.

The PNF vs PM issue: this was changed by Boeing. PNF stated what you don't do, Boeing preferred to put more emphasis on what you HAVE to do: "M" :-)

Daniele Coliva

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinHi gentlemen,

I thank you all!

Especially for your patience through all the years! :-)

Thank you!

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Hardy,
I've been hanging around since my switching to Mac quite a few years ago. PS1 has always been in my heart, and I hoped to be getting back to it, one day. Now the time seems to have come! My three boxes of PS1 1.3 are proudly standing on my bookshelves in my new home (yes, time passes, life goes on, families split...), and they're awaiting their bigger brother :).
Thanks a lot Hardy for your great work in the past, and for what you've done with PSX. and thanks to this wonderful community.
Looking forward to enjoying your new masterpiece.
Regards,
Daniele, LIPE

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Daniele,

thank you :-)

I hope you will like it!

Best wishes

|-|ardy

cph1965

I have now read through the half of the Preview Manual and it is still not August.
What an outstanding work.
I can't |-|ard(l)y await to have this superb program installed on my computer!

Best regards

Christian

Hardy Heinlin

Joe

Hi Hardy,

After many years with PS1 and PS1.3 I'm really looking forward to the new PSX. Since my retirement now fast approaching, I will certainly ensured to have a little more time. I am looking forward to be able to enjoy your great work.

Best Regards, Joe

Keith Maton

Hardy, this is fantastic news, I've just downloaded the manual and will be metaphorically flicking through it over the next few days.

I was an early adopter of PS1 but sadly I won't be buying PSX as immediately as I'd hoped.  My circumstances changed around a year ago and I don't have anywhere near as much disposable income as I did but I will be putting money aside for PSX in order to get my hands on it as soon as possible.  It also doesn't help that my glasses broke yesterday which is another unexpected expense.

I know one thing I'll also be hoping to do and that's to find someone local who will be able to print the full manual in a manner which will do it justice.

Thanks Hardy, this has absolutely made my day!

Keith.

Maurice

Hi Hardy,

I am one of the usually silent readers of this forum. But I think the time has come to say 'bravo' and thank you: bravo for this long awaited PSX, and thank you for allowing me to maintain and renew the enthusiasm of my aeronautical beginnings, almost 60 years ago!  sincerely, du fond du coeur.

Maurice
Maurice (NTAA)

Hardy Heinlin

Hi guys, thank you!

I'm glad that you're still interested! :-)

Regards,

|-|ardy